Artificial Intelligence, Answer Set Programming (ASP), Logic Programming, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Deductive Databases, Data & Information Retrieval, Web Agents, Ontologies
My research activity ranges over several topics related to the fields of Logic and Artificial Intelligence: some of them are Knowledge Representation, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Logic Programming, in particular Answer Set Programming, and Data Integration. The most relevant results concern the design, the implementation and the extension of advanced data and knowledge base systems based on Logic Programming, in particular Answer Set Programming (ASP); notably, I am a member of the DLV team, a state-of-the art ASP system. I've also been interested in extending such formalism, and in exploiting it in several settings, such as agent-based systems or ontology specification.
Hence, my scientific research activity can be summarized as mainly focusing on:
- optimization techniques for Answer Set Programming systems;
- extensions of Answer Set Programming;
- other research activities, such as:
- tracing for Answer Set Programming systems;
- data and information retrieval and web agents;
- ontologies and languages for representing them.