My research activity ranges over several topics related to the fields of Logic Programming, Artificial Intelligence and related issues of Software Engineering and Applications Development. See the list of my papers and the system/tools section of this site.
Some of the research projects I'm/was involved in:
- PIU' CULTURA - "Paradigmi Innovativi per l’Utilizzo della Cultura" funded by MISE (Fondo per la Crescita Sostenibile – Bando “Agenda digitale”, di cui al D.M. 15/10/2014 Progetto n. F/020016/01-02/X27)
- FRAME - “Un FRAmework flessibile ed espandibile, fondato su MEtodologie e strumenti basati sulla conoscenza, per il consolidamento e la gestione ottimizzata di sistemi informativi complessi” funded by MIUR (PON01 02477, PON Ricerca e Competitivita 2007/2013).
- BA2KNOW “Business Analitycs to Know” funded by MIUR (PON03PE 00001 1 - PON Ricerca e Competitivita, D.R. prot. n. 713/Ric. 29/10/2010) .
- ITravel PLUS - Funded by the Calabrian Region. The project has the goal of extending a system for e-tourism, PIA POR Calabria FESR 2007-2013 - LI 184.108.40.206 - Avviso pubblico “PIA - Pacchetti Integrati di Agevolazione”, BURC n. 49, Supplemento Straordinario n. 1 del 16/12/2010.
- Loden - Low-complexity Description logics with Nonmonotonic features. The project, funded by MIUR under the PRIN (Progetti di Ricerca di Rilevante Interesse Nazionale) 2008 Project prot. 2008T4ENM4. LoDeN aims at developing non-monotonic DLs of low complexity, which extend the cheap profiles of OWL2
(OWL2EL and OWL2RL) with nonmonotonic constructs, and techniques for their evaluation.
- TopClass - Realizzazione del sistema I-Travel (Intelligent Touristic advisor) - project PIA (Pacchetti Integrati di Agevolazione industria, artigianato e servizi) BURC n. 20 - Parte III del 15/05/2009 - DD n. 7373 6/5/2009, funded by the Calabrian Region. The project has the goal of creating a system for e-tourism, called I-Travel. I-Travel is based on the experience of the project IDUM (see below) and aims at providing travel agencies and their clients intelligent advising services.
- DLVSYSTEM - Estensioni e Verticalizzazioni del Sistema di Intelligenza Artificiale DLV - project PIA (Pacchetti Integrati di Agevolazione industria, artigianato e servizi) - GR. n.220 19/03/2008, funded by the Calabrian Region. The project aims at industrializing the ASP system DLV.
- IDUM: "Internet becomes human." "Internet Diventa UMana". POR Calabria 2000/2006 Mis. 3.16 Azione D Ricerca e Sviluppo nella Imprese Regionali - Modulo B Voucher Tecnologici) project n. 70. The objective of the project is to develop an intelligent advisor based on artificial intelligence techniques, to be integrated in a business to consumer service.
- ONTO-DLV: Un Ambiente Basato sulla Programmazione Logica Disgiuntiva per il Trattamento di Ontologie. Il progetto (MIUR 2521) The project (MIUR 2521) had a duration of 24 months. The objective of this project is to design and develop a KRR system, called OntoDLV, for ontology management and automated reasoning.
- INFOMIX: Boosting Information Integration, IST-2001-33570. The project, funded by the European Commission under the FET (Future Emerging Technologies) aims at developing a data integration system based on computational logic.
Invited Talk, Tutorials and Panels
PC Member and Reviewing activities
I serve(d) as reviewer for various scientific journals such as: Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Journal of the Theory and Practice of Logic Programming, Journal of Logic and Computation, Journal of Applied Logics, Journal on Satisfiability, Boolean Modeling and Computation, Fundamenta Informaticae, AI Communications, Journal of Applied Non-Classical Logics, Annals of Mathematics in Artificial Intelligence; and I was PC member of IJCAI, AAAI, KR, ICLP and reviewer of conferences such as: IJCAI, KR, ICLP, AAAI, LPNMR, ESWC, ECAI, JELIA, ISWC, RR, LPAR, DL as well as several national and international workshops.
I'm member of the editorial board of the Italiang Journal on Artificial Intelligence "Intelligenza Artificiale" (IOSPress) and area editor of the ALP Newsletter.
Publications and Bibliographic data
I have authored or coauthored more than 80 publications including Journals, Encyclopedia chapters, Conference Papers, and Workshop Papers. The pubblication venues include the Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Journal of Algorithms, Journal of the Theory and Practice of Logic Programming, Journal of Logic and Computation, Journal of Applied Logic, IJCAI, KR, LPNMR, JELIA, ICLP, PADL and more.
The list of my publications and some bibliographic data can be found on my page in Polaris, my DBLP page, my Google Scholar profile, my Scopus Profile, my ArnetMiner profile.
Some papers are here