|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
| * Feb 2nd, 2013 - [[ParticipantSubmission|Participant registration]] deadline
* Mar 1st, 2013 - '''Model & Solve''' participant submission deadline
* Mar 1st, 2013 - '''System''' participant submission deadline
| * <<newicon>> Mar 16th, 2013, 23:59 PST - '''Model & Solve''' participant submission deadline
* <<newicon>> Mar 16th, 2013, 23:59 PST - '''System''' participant submission deadline
* <<newicon>> Mar 17th, 2013 - The Competition runs!
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|* <<newicon>> Opened the [[ASPStandardization|ASP Standardization]] activity page.|| * Feb 16th, 2013:
* Participant package instructions [[https://www.mat.unical.it/aspcomp2013/ParticipantSubmission|available]]
* Update to the scoring system [[http://www.mat.unical.it/aspcomp2013/files/scoringdetails2013.pdf|document]]
* Opened the [[ASPStandardization|ASP Standardization]] activity page.
Fourth (Open) Answer Set Programming Competition - 2013
The Fourth Answer Set Programming Competition is an open event: any system based on a declarative problem solving language can participate.
Call for Participant Systems open.
- Problem selection stage:
- Aug 31th, 2012 - Problem submission deadline.
- Competition stage:
Mar 16th, 2013, 23:59 PST - Model & Solve participant submission deadline
Mar 16th, 2013, 23:59 PST - System participant submission deadline
Mar 17th, 2013 - The Competition runs!
News and updates
- Feb 16th, 2013:
Opened the ASP Standardization activity page.
Dec 6th, 2012 - The ASP-Core-2 validator can be downloaded here
Dec 4th, 2012 - Small fixes to ASP-Core-2 Specification
The Call for participation is out!
Nov 16th, 2012 - ASP-Core-2 Specification is out!
May 11th, 2012 - Call for Benchmarks available.
- May 7th, 2012 - Webpage started.
What is the Open ASP Competition?
In the Model & Solve Track, a number of problem domain specifications are given, together with a set of instances thereof. All you need to participate is a system able to model using a declarative specification paradigm of any sort, and some manpower for preparing benchmark solutions. Winners are awarded on the basis of their time performance and, for optimization problems, on the basis of the quality of their solutions. Note that we are more interested at comparing systems and their performance on standard problems, rather than measuring the modelling 'trickery' of participants: this is why you will have several months for preparing declarative specifications and your system, so to make affordable the burden of modelling a number of problems, also for small teams. Problem specification can be freely exchanged among participants whenever they use the same input language.
The System Track is reserved to Answer Set Programming systems, able to cope with a fixed problem specification language. The 4th ASP Competition will be held on an extension of ASP-Core called ASP-Core-2.
- Competition Categories
- Former competitions: