DLV + WASP
- Mario Alviano (University of Calabria)
- Carmine Dodaro (University of Calabria)
- Francesco Ricca (University of Calabria)
- Wolfgang Faber (University of Calabria)
- Nicola Leone (University of Calabria)
WASP is a native ASP solver built upon a number of techniques originally introduced in SAT, which are extended and properly combined with techniques specifically defined for solving disjunctive ASP programs. Among them are restarts, constraints learning and backjumping. Grounding is carried out by an enhanced version of the DLV grounder able to cope with the main ASPCore2.0 features.
- DLV uses these options: -nofinitecheck, -ODMS+, -filter=put_here_output_predicates
- WASP uses these options: --heuristic-berkmin=512, --restarts=32, --delete=0, --polarity=0, --third-competition-output, no-heuristic-aggregates
Supported language: ASPCore 2.0 - We do not support ";" in aggregates and nested arithmetic expressions.
Carmine Dodaro, Mario Alviano, Wolfgang Faber, Nicola Leone, Francesco Ricca, Marco Sirianni, The Birth of a WASP: Preliminary Report on a New ASP Solver, Proceedings of the 26th Italian Conference on Computational Logic (CILC 2011), Pescara, Italy, August 31 - September 2, 2011. ee: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-810/paper-l06.pdf.
Mario Alviano, Wolfgang Faber, Nicola Leone, Simona Perri, Gerald Pfeifer, Giorgio Terracina, The Disjunctive Datalog System DLV, in Georg Gottlob ed., Datalog 2.0, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 6702, 282--301, 2011.