History of Mathematics. Mathematics Education.
His scientific activity has mainly concerned the history of modern mathematics, also in connection with mathematics education, mainly in relation to the following research topics:
- aspects of T. Levi-Civita's scientific work;
- the birth and early developments of absolute differential calculus and modern differential geometry;
- initial developments of qualitative analysis and the theory of dynamic systems;
- the birth and development of modern game theory;
- classical and modern aspects of probabilistic and statistical thinking;
- the emergence and development of operational research in Italy;
- aspects of the use of history of mathematics in mathematics teaching;
- issues of historiography of mathematics;
- publications of unpublished and biographical notes.
Teaching - Academic Year 2019/2020:
- DIDATTICA DELLA MATEMATICA II (CdS Magistrale a ciclo unico in Scienze della Formazione Primaria)
- DIDATTICA DELLA MATEMATICA (CdS Magistrale in Matematica)
- ALGEBRA LINEARE E GEOMETRIA (CdS Ingegneria Civile)