History of Mathematics. Mathematics Education.
Her research activities have focused on:
- reconstruction of the development of mathematical ideas and theories in the centuries 16th - 18th, with particular interest in the history of: geometry, algebra, and their mutual relationships; the relationship between geometry and mechanics; mathematics education;
- study of the role of geometric constructions in the elaboration and transmission of mathematical ideas from the Greek-Hellenistic period to the end of the 18th century;
- development of aspects of mathematics (complementary and elementary from a higher standpoint) which constitute the fundamental basis of mathematics;
- transmission of mathematical knowledge through teaching, the relationship of mathematics with other disciplines, the didactic aspects and implications in the didactic field of the analyzed scientific texts;
- teaching and learning mathematics, studying the contribution of the history of mathematical ideas to teaching;
- initial and in-service teacher training and start-up of a research group for innovative teaching.
She is the scientific and organizational manager of the "Liceo Matematico" project in Calabrian educational institutions. She is the scientific and organizational manager of the Training Initiative: "Percorsi storico-didattici della matematica" (Historical-didactical paths in mathematics), present on the S.O.F.I.A. - MIUR platform, aimed at teachers of upper secondary school.
Teaching - Academic Year 2019/2020:
- STORIA DELLA MATEMATICA (CdS in Matematica)
- MATEMATICA II (CdS Magistrale a ciclo unico in Scienze della Formazione Primaria)