Artificial Intelligence, Answer Set Programming (ASP), Logic Programming, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Deductive Databases
My main research interests are in the area of Logic and Artificial Intelligence, and more in particular, my research activity concerns Knowledge Representation, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Logic Programming, and Answer Set Programming (ASP).
Briefly, the most relevant results concern the following topics:
- linguistic extensions of Answer Set programming,
- design and implementation of advanced techniques for the efficient evaluation of ASP programs,
- design and implementation of knowledge base systems,
- applications of Answer Set Programming.
Notably, I am a member of the DLV team, an Artificial Intelligence System which is recognized as the state-of-the-art among Disjunctive Logic Programming Systems. DLV is currently used by Universities and research centers all over the world; its user manual has been recently translated even into Russian and Polish (see DLV System).
Teaching - Academic Year 2019/2020:
- FONDAMENTI DI INFORMATICA (CdS in Informatica)
- INTELLIGENZA ARTIFICIALE (CdS in Informatica)