Current Position [VQR 2011-2014]
- Associate Professor of Computer Science (INF/01-informatica), University of Calabria
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Laurea degree in Computer Science
- (vice-coordinator of the) Doctoral Program in Mathematics and Informatics
- Co-Founder of Artémat, a spin-off operating with simulations of economic models
- Co-Founder of IDUM, a spin-off operating with platforms for e-tourism
- Member of the Quality Assurance Unit (Presidio di Qualità), University of Calabria
- Habilitated as Full Professor of Computer Science
- Database Theory: Query Optimization, Data Integration, Deductive Databases
- Data Mining: Process Mining, Outlier Detection
- Game Theory: Nash Equilibria, Coalitional Games
- Constraint Satisfaction: Structural Decomposition Methods, Optimization
- Nonmonotonic Reasoning: Logic Programming, Abduction
- Invited Professor at the University of Paris, Dauphine (2014)
- Research Associate at the ICAR institute of the National Research Council (2007-2008)
- Visiting Researcher at the Oxford Computing Laboratory (2006)
- Visiting PhD student at the Vienna University of Technology (2003)
Gödel Research Prize in the area of Logical
Foundations of Artificial Intelligence (2014), awarded by the Kurt
- Marco Solmalvico Award (2009), for significant results obtained in the AI by an italian young researcher, awarded by the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA).
- IJCAI-JAIR Best Paper Prize (2008), for the paper Pure Nash Equilibira: Hard and Easy Cases.
Recent Professional Services
- Program committees: ICDT 2017, IJCAI 2016 (SPC), CoopMAS 2016, AAAI 2016, IJCAI 2015 (SPC), AAMAS 2015, AGT@IJCAI 2015, AAAI 2015, PODS 2015, AAAI 2014, ECAI 2014, CoopMAS 2014, FOIKS 2014, BPI 2013, IDEAS 2013, RR 2013, CoopMAS 2013, SUM 2012, CILC 2012, PODS 2012, FOIKS 2012, AAMAS 2012, AAAI 2012, WINE 2011, IJCAI 2011, AAAI 2011, AAMAS 2011, BPI 2011, SUM 2011, CoopMAS 2011, EC 2010, BPI 2010, CoopMAS 2010.
- Organization committee: CILC 2010.
- Invited talk at the Italian Conference on Theoretical Computer Science (Lecce, Italy, 2016): Mechanism with Verification and Fair Allocation Problems
- Tutorials at the Game Theory and Algorithms Summer School (Lake Como, Italy, 2015).
- Tutorials at the COST IC1205 Summer School on Fair Division (Grenoble, France): The Italian Research Assessment Program and Mechanism Design and Fair Allocation Problems.
- Keynote at the Doctoral Consortium, AI*IA Conference 2014 (Pisa, Italy): Game Theory for Society and Economics.
- Tutorial at IJCAI 2013 (Beijing, China): Structural Decomposition Methods and Islands of Tractability for NP-hard Problems.
- Presentation at IJCAI 2013 (Beijing, China): Constraint Satisfaction and Fair Multiobjective Optimization Problems.
- Presentation at IMS (NTU Singapore) AGT Workshop (2013): Mechanism for Fair Allocations of Indivisible Goods.
- Tutorial at IMS (NTU Singapore) AGT School (2013): Structural Decomposition Methods for Game Theory.
- "Information (Computational) Systems in the Big-Data Era" Workshop (Eindhoven 2012): Process Mining in Complex Domains.
- Tutorial at ILP 2010 (Firenze): Structural Decomposition Methods.
- Dagstuhl Seminar on Equilibrium Computation (2010): Nucleolus Computation in Compact Coalitional Games.
- Presentation at CP 2010 (St Andrews, UK): Structural Tractability of Enumerating CSP Solutions.
- Coordinator for the CINI ("Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per l'Informatica") research unit within the project (PON01_00451) "TETRis: Servizi innovativi Open Source su TETRA" (since 2011).
- Coordinator for the University of Calabria research unit on the objective "Open Source per la gestione di processi e il Business Process Intelligence" within the project "OpenKnowTech: Laboratorio di Tecnologie per la Integrazione, Gestione e Distribuzione di Dati, Processi e Conoscenze" (since 2007).
- Le macchine possono pensare?
- Alle radici dell'informatica: semplicità o complessità?
- Considerazioni sulla VQR 2004-2010
- Modelli Informatici e Strategie di Comunicazione
- Linguaggi Formali e Compilatori
- Interfacce Grafiche e Programmazione ad Eventi
- Sistemi Informativi per il Web